Six projects and teams were recognised for their efforts in the design, construction, installation, commissioning and operation of low-energy buildings at the CIBSE Hong Kong awards in November.
Three additional accolades were also presented in recognition of the significant and important role played by building services engineering in creating safe and healthy environments, in particular in relation to Covid-19.
The Hong Kong awards were launched in 2019 to recognise engineering excellence in the built environment.
They aim to encourage and recognise organisations and professionals who work collaboratively to deliver the most appropriate, cost-effective solutions, from design to installation and beyond. Entries were open to any organisation within Hong Kong that is responsible for the design, construction and operation of low-energy buildings.
CIBSE President Kevin Kelly said: ‘It is clear that construction and engineering services industries in Hong Kong have the vision to lead outstanding building services design, practices and performance. All the winning entrants demonstrated engineering excellence in their projects.’
Hong Kong region chair Vincent Ma said ‘The winners and all participants have demonstrated their commitment to developing and promoting a positive impact on the design, installation, commissioning and operations of buildings.’
Full list of winners:
Project of the Year – Commercial/Industrial:
● Hong Kong Science Park expansion stage 1, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation
Project of the Year – Public Use:
●West Kowloon Government Offices, Architectural Services Department and Electrical & Mechanical Services Department
Project of the Year – Residential:
● University Heights, Chinachem Group
●Wah Ha Estate (Chai Wan Factory Estate), Hong Kong Housing Authority
Project of the Year – Retrofit:
● The Mills, Nan Fung Textiles Second Mills
Facilities Management Team:
● Hongkong Land Central Portfolio Property Management Team, Hongkong Land (Property Management)
COVID-19 Achievement Award:
● Future-proofing the health of Central, Hongkong Land (Property Management)
● Neuron Health, Arup
● North Lantau Hospital Hong Kong Infection Control Centre, Architectural Services Department, China State Construction Engineering (Hong Kong) and China State Construction International Medical Industry Development Co
For more information about the awards and the Hong Kong region visit: www.cibse.org/networks/regions/hong-kong