Best Digital Engineer Jagannatha Reddy, of Arcadis, accepts his award via Skype on a phone
BuroHappold Engineering was crowned overall digital engineering champion at the Digital Engineering Awards, presented at Build2Perform Live in November.
The awards, set up by the Society of Digital Engineering (SDE) and in their second year, recognise innovation, leadership and best practice in digital engineering.
BuroHappold was recognised as the overall champion after judges noted that the firm achieved excellent technical solutions, and had taken a truly collaborative approach to developing its toolsets and processes.
Michael Bartyzel, of BuroHappold, accepts the DE Champion award for the building and habitats object model
The firm also won in three other categories: best consultancy; best innovation; and best process and application.
Arcadis took the award in the best project/collaboration – small category for its project ‘London Underground, stepfree access tranche-2’, while Jagannatha Reddy, of Arcadis, was singled out as best digital engineer.
He impressed the judges with the sheer breadth and depth of digital engineering that he pioneered and championed for Arcadis.
Full list of winners:
● Best process and application: BuroHappold
– Parametric dwelling optioneering
● Best innovation: BuroHappold – Building and habitats object model
● Best project/collaboration – small: Arcadis
– London Underground, step-free access tranche-2
● Best project/collaboration – large: Ramboll and JG Ingenieros – Proyetco 5 Estrella
● Best consultancy: BuroHappold
● Best contractor: SES Engineering Services
● Best manufacturer: Schindler
● Best digital engineer: Jagannatha Reddy, Arcadis
● Digital engineering champion: BuroHappold